Available for Long or Short Let.
Pelsham Manor is a most handsome country house providing luxury lifestyle accommodation in a delightful rural setting sitting, within 600 acres of parkland and offers classic and stylish accommodation with country living in mind. Features of note include Corinthian columns, multi-pane sash windows, some beamed ceilings, picture rails, wall and picture lights and marble tiled bathrooms. There is room-controlled heating and a state of the art Sonos wireless sound system.
• Central entrance porch with decorative columns. Grand reception hall with a stone floor, cloakroom, French doors leading out to rear garden. A turned staircase ascending to the galleried first floor landing.
• Triple aspect drawing and dining rooms with multi-pane sash windows looking out to the side and rear of the property and French doors leading out to the rear patio. Both rooms also feature decorative open fireplaces and strip wood floors.
• The sitting room has two sets of multi-pane sash windows looking out to the rear, two sets of French doors, fireplace with gas stove
• The garden room with arched double doors leading out to the rear patio and arched windows overlooking the lake
• Study featuring a marble 'framed' fireplace with wood burning stove and panelled walls.
• The principal kitchen is fitted with 'Mark Wilkinson' larder and base units with marble worktops, two butler sinks. An inglenook style recess houses an AGA. The floor is laid with stone tiles.
• • Utility room, Laundry room, Cloakroom
• The first floor galleried landing has an open fireplace with wooden surround, leading to:
• Master bedroom suite comprises open plan bedroom and lounge area with sash windows overlooking the grounds
• Five further bedrooms, three of which are en-suite
• Outside - 3 bay car port and two single garages, two lakes, croquet lawn, hard tennis court, approximately 4 acres of garden and 8 acres of woodland.
Equestrian facilities available by separate negotiation. The second floor rooms are for storage only and are utilised by the landlord.
Living Space: Approximately 6,775 sq ft
Part Furnished – Pets Considered
The property lies in the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty about 1.5 miles outside the village of Peasmarsh. The village itself has a Jempson's independent supermarket, which also has a post office, public houses and the Flackley Ash Hotel, which has a private leisure centre.
Comprehensive shopping: Rye (3.7 miles) and Tenterden (9.6 miles) both offer a wide selection of shops.
Schools: Primary schools: Peasmarsh, Beckley and Rye. Preparatory schools: Claremont in St Leonards-on-Sea and Battle Abbey in Battle. Secondary schools in Rye (Rye College), Hastings (Hillcrest) and St Leonards-on-Sea (Helenswood). Private schools: Buckswood in Guestling, Battle Abbey School in Battle, Vinehall School in Mountfield, nr Robertsbridge.
Mainline rail services: Rye (4.6 miles) has services to London St Pancras (via Ashford) with journey times of about 1hr 08 mins (high speed from Ashford). The Hastings to London Charing Cross (via London Bridge and Waterloo East) and London Cannon Street line can be joined at Robertsbridge (about 12 miles) with journey times of about 1hr 25mins.
Communications: The A21 (about 9 miles to the west) leads up to the M25 (junction 5). The M20 (about 23 miles to the north-east) also connects to the M25 and Channel Tunnel at Folkestone. Central London is about 64.3 miles away.
Tenant Fees - From 1st June 2019
Holding Deposit (per tenancy) - One week’s rent.
This is to reserve a property. Please Note: This will be withheld if any
relevant person (including any guarantors(s)) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right to-
Rent check, provide false or misleading information, or fail to take all reasonable
steps to enter into a tenancy agreement (and / or Deed of Guarantee) within 15
calendar days of the holding deposit being received (or other Deadline for Agreement
as mutually agreed in writing).
Security Deposit (per tenancy. Rent under £50,000 per year)
Five weeks’ rent. This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the
Security Deposit (per tenancy. Rent of £50,000 or over per year)
Six weeks’ rent. This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the
Interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from Rent Due Date until paid in
order to pursue non-payment of rent. Please Note: This will not be levied until the
rent is more than 14 days in arrears.
Tenants are liable for the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security
device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual cost of a
locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord and any other
persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there
will be a charge of £15 per hour (inc. VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or
other security device(s).
Variation of Contract (Tenant’s Request)
£50 (Inc. VAT) per agreed variation. To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s
instructions as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
Change of Sharer (Tenant’s Request)
£50 (inc. VAT) per replacement tenant or any reasonable costs incurred if higher. To
cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions, new tenant referencing
and Right-to-Rent checks, deposit registration as well as the preparation and execution
of new legal documents.
Early Termination (Tenant’s Request)
Should the tenant wish to terminate their contract before the end of the fixed term,
they shall be liable for the landlord’s cost in re-letting the property as well as all rent
due under the tenancy until start date of the replacement tenancy. These costs will be
no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy.
Client Money Protection is provided by Propertymark. Redress through The Property Ombudsmen Scheme.